ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installing in a Vista dev environment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjk2701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing in a Vista dev environment
    Posted: 29-March-2008 at 9:11am

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from my XP machine to a new Vista machine, and am having trouble getting my development install of ProductCart running again. I've followed the Microsoft solution at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=926939 however I am still unable to connect to the database properly. Has anyone been successful getting pcart working on Vista? If so, any tips would be much appreciated.

thanks.

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2008 at 10:08am

I'll be blunt...you're best bet is to drop Vista and go back to XP. We bought a new machine with Vista and had so many problems with almost all our development tools that we ended up scrapping Vista altogether. I'm sure it's a nice OS for the average user but in our experience it does not work well for developers.

We also have a development server which is running Windows 2003 Server and SQL 2000 so we just use that for any development sites we work on. It works great.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
gjk2701 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjk2701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2008 at 1:03pm

Thanks netprofits. I'm determined to give Vista a go though, headaches and all.

For others, I did finally get it working, by following the instructions here: http://forums.iis.net/p/1108980/1703486.aspx , as well as on the microsoft site I posted above, and also downloading a new driver and messing with the DSN settings.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic