ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drill Down Navigation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollehock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drill Down Navigation
    Posted: 02-February-2009 at 6:17pm
I am looking to REMOVE the drill down navigation (plus signs) but can't find where that option is.  I like the other style (older versions) where there was .js code that dropped down the subcategories and those styles were embedded in the inc_catsmenu.asp file.  I love the new CSS abilities but it's harder to edit when you can't find them. Thanks!
hollehock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollehock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 6:54pm

Edited by hollehock - 13-February-2009 at 12:03pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 8:12pm
Hi,
  You can use any menu you like with a ProductCart store, with the proviso that you then have to maintain it. Another key point is cross browser compatibility. I tried the oemtractorparts menu and (on my two machines anyway) the subnavigation does not work in Firefox, which is quite an issue as the whole menu is probably rendered inaccessible to anyone using Firefox.
hollehock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollehock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 8:35pm

That navigation (OEM) was from Early Impact Product Cart...Interesting that it doesn't work in Firefox...Is there a solution to that? it appears the up/down .js isn't working.  It doesn't work in Safari or Netscape either.   Is there another navigation option (aside of the drill down) that Product Cart can offer? (built into the Control Panel)

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by hollehock hollehock wrote:

That navigation (OEM) was from Early Impact Product Cart

It appears that it's not the stock generated nav, but rather an altered version of the original generated code.
hollehock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollehock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 9:12pm
So if I reloaded the original install it will work across all browsers??  I customized it (with style sheets) but it was what was in the load.  The website you put on the footer...do they work with designers?  Or do they prefer to design it all themselves?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2009 at 9:34pm

Stock could would be recognized by the presence of the little +- icons used to open/close categories.  Clicking on the category itself, as stock code, would result in linking to the category page.  In your case, clicking on a category takes over the action normally associated with clicking on the +- icon.  So I debate the idea that you only customized the CSS.  And if you retain a backup of your navigation file, and generate a stock version, I suspect you will see these differences.

In the stores we build, we have used both the stock generated navigation as well as custom navigcation - it's all dependent upon budget and what the needs of the design are.  When using the stock menu, sometimes we replace the +- icons with our own, sometimes we force subcategories to remain open.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2009 at 4:06am
Hi Hollehock, which version of ProductCart is the OEM store running?  Looking at the page source code I don't recognise the menu as one available with the software.  
hollehock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollehock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2009 at 10:16am
OEM was installed with a version 2.11 and is now upgraded to 3.5 - however once it was upgraded, I just uploaded the old .css files.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2009 at 11:13am
http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20090203111226&KW=var+etab%3Deval(tabid)%3B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic