ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cart Empty after adding products from category pag
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cart Empty after adding products from category pag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cognecy View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 10:36pm
One other thing that might possibly be the issue is the .htaccess ISAPI Filter  for Windows might be installed.  I believe this is installed by default with Win2008.  It can be removed from your individual domain/hosting instance or it can be removed from the server entirely (this is what I did on our Win2008 server when we discovered it

Ask them if they can remove this filter for you and see if that make a difference.
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 9:08pm

My hosting company has finally completed the three tasks that I asked of them, which were:

- set 32 bit applications to true
- enable parent paths
- set "new ID on secure connections" to "off"
 Unfortunately all  asp pages on my site are still disabled. When attempting to access a product from the nav bar, I get - error '8002802b'
/environmental-education/pc/404.asp, line 54

(line 54 in 404.asp reads.........session("strSeoQueryString")="" )

If I access other asp pages such as my account or view cart, I get  - 500 internal server error. There is a problem with the resource that you are looking for and it cannot be displayed.
Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 10:26am
Thanks Mark. The hosting company managed to change the secure settings properly. It was the "setting the 32 bit application to true" that seemed to stump them. They don't know how to do that part of my request
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 10:03am
Tell your host the "New ID on Secure Connection" setting in IIS7 is found in this path:

In IIS7 Manager go to the Sites folder on the left and click on your site(your domains). In the center of the screen under the IIS section the first Icon should be labled ASP.  you can either double click on it or right click and select "open feature"

On the screen that is up now, at the very bottom under the "Services" title there will be a selection for "Session Properties".  Open that and second up from the bottom is the setting for "New ID On Secure Connection".  IIS by default will have this set to true.  you will need to set this to False.
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 9:49am
Ecotutor,

I sent you a private message this forum with my contact information.  Please give me a call .. I think I can get you pointed in the right direction.
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 9:13am
Thanks for all of your feedback. I contacted my hosting company and asked them to:
- set 32 bit applications to true
- enable parent paths
- set "new ID on secure connections" to "off"

They did the second two requests but did not know how to set 32 bit applications to true. I thought it was in the advanced settings but they cannot find it. The site is now disabled except for the few html pages that I have. Can anyone tell me how to set 32 bit application to true. Is this what is causing my site to be disabled?

cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 10:55pm
Just for clarification on the "Keep Session ID secure" setting (I tend to use the real name rather tan the friendly name) ... see the quote below:

Originally posted by cognecy cognecy wrote:

The Fix for IIS7

I the IIS properties window, under the ASP tab --> Session Properties, there is a setting for "New ID on Secure Connections" (this is the friendly name).  IIS7 had this set on/enabled by default.  You will need to ask your host to turn this setting off.  Once this is done, you should not have any further issue.

A more detailed explanation for this is discovered in looking at the real name for this setting which is "Keep Session ID Secure" and the description of this setting is that when enabled, it will ensure a secure channel by storing session info in an encrypted cookie.

Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 10:45pm
PM Mark Shipp a.k.a cognecy. He can help you. He's been bull-dogging Win2k8 issues with PC quite well.
cognecy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 10:44pm
Your site definitely needs its own dedicated pool to run on Win2008/IIS7 and Definitely needs to be in "Classic Mode" as well as have 32 bit applications set to True.

The reason for this is that Classic ASP is not compatible with 64Bit servers.

As for the cart, this is likely another behavior setting that needs to be changed in IIS.  In the sites section of IIS you will click on asp go to the behaviors.  you need to ensure that Parent Paths is enabled.  The critical setting and likely the culprit, is the one labeled keep session ID secure ... This MUST be set to FALSE.

Make these changes in IIS and you will likely have your site back to normal.

If you need further assistance you can email or call me

Edited by cognecy - 06-April-2010 at 10:45pm
Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2010 at 10:34pm

I have recently moved my site to a windows 2008 server. It is on its own application pool on IIS. My customers are now experiencing difficulty but I cannot consistently reproduce the problem. They state that they are trying to place an order but when they click "checkout" the system tells them there are no items in the cart. If they view the cart, it shows the items. After reading the posts above, I contacted my host, explained the situation and asked them to ensure that only one worker process was allowed . They have no idea what I am asking for, so I am now trying to fix this myself. There is one page on my hosting site that allows me to choose the Managed Pipeline Mode for my site's Application Pool. Values can be Integrated or Classic. When the value is Integrated, IIS uses the integrated IIS and ASP.NET request-processing pipeline to process requests in the application pool. When the value is Classic, IIS uses separate IIS and ASP.NET request-processing pipelines to process requests in the application pool. The default value is Integrated. Would changing it to Classic help my situation? Thanks for any assistance you can give me on this issue.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic