ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cart Empty after adding products from category pag
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cart Empty after adding products from category pag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 10:35am

Just an update on my situation

- The hosting company has confirmed that they do not have the .htaccess ISAPI Filter for Windows installed.
- With respect to turning on detailted error reporting, the response was that "they are not sure about detailed error reporting and are trying to find out more about it".  IIf history repeats itself I wil probablyu not hear from them on this issue again.

I created the web.config file that was suggested by Mark and the error message on ASP pages changes only slightly. It says "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred".

Thanks again for your help.

ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 11:20am
Yes, I was using the SEO URL Re-write method previously and I did set my 404 error page up properly in my hosting account. The site actually seemed to work well initially after the move . All asp pages worked, the seo mod worked properly etc. However, customers  started to complain about the cart empty problem. It wasn't until we implemented the following that the ASP pages were no longer available:

- enable parent paths

- set "new ID on secure connections" to "off"

At that point, the ASP pages no longer worked. Setting 32 bit applications to true did not change this situation.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 12:18pm
Ecotutor,

Please open a support ticket so that we can assist you.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
cognecy View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cognecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2010 at 1:39pm
Definitely lets get EI involed as well as this issue is likely going to come up again. 

We need one definiteve method that will work on Dedicated/VPS as well as on various Shared servers across the spetrum of hosts out there.

My perspective is based on a lot of testing and trials prior to ever taking a customer live on 2008.  Our Win2008 Servers are set up in line with Microsofts guidance for running an application written in ASP Classic.  Our ProductCart sites run extremely well based on the settings I have described herein but there are always variables involved when OPS's (other peoples servers) are involved.

Mark Shipp
Cognecy Solutions, LLC
Hosting/Design/Customization/Database Migration
www.cognecy.com
www.cognecy.co.uk
ecotutor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecotutor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2010 at 12:29pm
Just wanted to let everyone know how my dilemma was resolved. I took the advice of several of you and moved to a new hosting company. I chose Cognecy Solutions. I contacted Mark Shipp late one afternoon and had a fully functional site up and working the next morning (doesn't this guy sleep?). There was virtually no work/intervention on my part. Mark took care of everything. My website works fine on his Win 2008 server so I will never know why it did not work at my old hosting company. Mark also moved my SQL database from 2000  to 2008 - didn't think that was possible but it works!. In fact the site has never worked better or faster and I am very relieved to be moving on. Thanks to everyone in this forum for their suggestions. They was very much appreciated.
highgravity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highgravity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2010 at 4:59pm
If you are using IIS7, switching from http to https creates a different session.

Refer to this post for the fix:
http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3428&PN=3
Desiree Knott

High Gravity Homebrewing & Winemaking Supplies

7142 S Memorial Dr.

Tulsa, OK 74133

(918) 461-2605

desiree@highgravitybrew.com

http://www.highgravitybrew.com

bcrabtree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcrabtree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 8:41pm
Hi All,

I was having this same issue, and am also hosting my clients site on GoDaddy (against my recommendation, I might add).

Anyways, GoDaddy was completely unhelpful in resolving this issue, basically they told me they couldn't make any changes to the server setup... Angry
But, I found a solution using a Web.config file placed in the root directory of the site.

Here's the solution:
Create a new Web.config file with the following info:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <system.webServer>
    <asp>
      <session keepSessionIdSecure="false" />
    </asp>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

Upload the file to your root or productcart folder, and the dropped session issue is solved without having to go through the process of switching hosting companies. Wink

Cheers,
Bryan

Edited by bcrabtree - 10-May-2010 at 8:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic