ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mod: Size/Color/Brand filter (drill-down style)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mod: Size/Color/Brand filter (drill-down style)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p00pstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mod: Size/Color/Brand filter (drill-down style)
    Posted: 25-March-2010 at 10:08am
Hi everyone,

We recently developed a nice addition to PC, which the customer demanded since the built-in drill-down navigation has some known performance issues.

You can get an idea from here : http://test.tuatara.ro/cart/pc/Topuri-Maiouri-c57.htm

Basically, using the custom search fields table structure, we did a couple of stored procedures and the user can filter the products by brand, size, color and price range.

The main advantage is obviously the speed. For high traffic sites we have a caching option also.

If anyone finds this of interest, he can PM me.

Thanks,
Victor Gunta
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2010 at 2:57pm
This looks cool, but what exactly is the difference between this and the original CSF script?
p00pstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p00pstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2010 at 3:26pm
Hi,

The differences are :

- SPEED, because everything is based on 1 stored procedure;
- the filters are automatically generated from your products options (eg. colors, sizes etc.) You don't need to manually set search fields for every product;
- caching option;
- easily and lightweight customisable layout (doesn't rely on spry or jQuery UI);

I think this sums it up.

Thanks,
Victor
www.dotdesignmedia.ro // web application development
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2010 at 4:08pm
Sounds like a cool idea, auto generating the fields using the product options. I've never seen any code like that. I'll have to sit down and write it out! I'll let you all know when a module is available for purchase.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2010 at 8:41pm
Hi Victor,
  When you are happy that it is "production ready" you are welcome to place info about it on the WIKI : http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/thirdparty
rafaelsolorzano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafaelsolorzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2010 at 12:04am
I am interested in this.
dccreatives View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dccreatives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2010 at 4:38pm
The link to view this mod is broken. Please post a new link. I may be interested in this as well.

Thanks!
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2010 at 4:41pm
We took a different approach to this than Victor did.  He uses the custom search fields.  We leverage the actual subproducts:

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2010 at 5:49am
Hi Greg,

Is this the product size search box you are referring to? I like that in the menu for a clothing site.

When you say subproducts does that mean it worls only with the appearl add-on?

Also is it available for purchase?

Thanks

Nigel

Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
p00pstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p00pstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2010 at 6:38am
Hi everyone,

The new link is http://www.tuatara.ro/Imbracaminte-c88.htm

I think in the second half of august all our PC add-ons will be available for testing and purchase.
www.dotdesignmedia.ro // web application development
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic