ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Customizing BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Collapsible BTO product descriptions :D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collapsible BTO product descriptions :D
    Posted: 13-August-2006 at 2:58pm

Just something I thought I'd share with you guys, to do my part and help out the community.

Alot of the product descriptions for my site are very short, consisting of a small table with processor speed, cache, etc.  Not enough info to make it worth opening a separate window, so I'm adding some collapsible product descriptions and figured there might be some others out there that'd like to do the same.

In your "add BTO item" page, add the code found at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/switchmenu.htm 

It works extremely well.  Just enable product descriptions on your bto product page

Another site I highly recommend is Milonic.com.  They've got an outstanding DHTML menu that allows for images and full blown html, as well as simple web graphics such as directional arrows, etc and some nice gradient backgrounds. 

Take a look at www.alienware.com.  Most or all of their menus and backgrounds are actually from Milonic :p

Thanks!

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2007 at 8:04pm
Hi thedeacon,
  Can you post your URL so we can see your implementation? I'd like to see the end result.

thedeacon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2007 at 2:42am

Well, the javascript for collapsible tables no longer works after one of the updates.  If I had the time, I could probably still re-enable it though.

I'm in the process of a complete redesign, but the site is www.hipepc.com

You know the odd thing?  Almost nobody orders directly from the site!  Almost every order I've received is over the phone or directly from our warehouse, which boggles my mind :p

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22hipe+pc%22

We've received so much press lately that I haven't had time to get things looking the way I originally intended, but it at least is working :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic