ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Input and search

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonio5413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Input and search
    Posted: 09-June-2011 at 12:26am
Ok good people could you please answer this for me and tell me where I am going wrong.

I have created a cutom input named UPC and assigned this to CP Search and CP Detail.

I have then gone to my product and added the value.

Then when I go to locate a product in the CP and enter that same value in keyword the product can not be found.

When my products come into stock I need to scan them in with this code.  Any idea?
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2011 at 4:12pm
In the control panel... navigate to Product > Manage Custom Fields > Manage Custom Search Fields. Make sure CP Search is checked.
antonio5413 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonio5413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-June-2011 at 10:28pm
Hi thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately yes this is already turned on and still no joy.  Any other ideas?
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2011 at 10:34pm
The keyword field does not search custom search fields.  You need to use the custom search field filter, which is a drop-down menu on the search form.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic