ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Expand/Collapse Menu with a landing page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rightmind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rightmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expand/Collapse Menu with a landing page
    Posted: 30-March-2006 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by cbreault cbreault wrote:

Open the file inc_catsmenuA.asp and modifiy line 139 (line number may differ slightly) from this:

response.write "<a href=""javascript:UpDown('SUB" & IDCategory2 & "')"" class=""leftnav"">" & CATDesc2 & "</a></td></tr>" & vbcrlf

to this:

response.write "<a href=""viewCat_m.asp?idCategory=" & IDCategory2 & " ""onClick=""UpDown('SUB" & IDCategory2 & "')"" class=""leftnav"">" & CATDesc2 & "</a></td></tr>" & vbcrlf

This works great for me! Thanks for sharing. I had to add it to each menu & sub-menu level so that it worked as far down as the menu tree can go. If you are doing the same, just be sure to change the IDCategory2 & CATDesc2 to reflect whatever menu level you are at.

Also, no matter how many levels you take it to, the viewCat_m.asp should actually be a link to the layout format that you are using to display your category items. For example, I am using a horizontal layout, so I used viewCat_h.asp in the link instead.

rightmind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rightmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2006 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by Proof Proof wrote:

the first Pic I have clicked on the Cables in my menu cand under that comes USB   i need that more to the right or a different color

Proof, open up whatever include menu file you are using (ProductCart uses inc_catsmenuA.asp by default), and get into the code in there. You will see that each sub-level menu has a padding-left style applied. Either increase the padding for each level, or add some color to each level there.

Hope that helps!

Edited by rightmind - 30-March-2006 at 4:48pm
Proof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2006 at 12:58am

Hey Guys

I work for a integration company in australia and they have had the bright idea to give me the task of building there webshop DOH....... My Menu will not expand out i  have taken some screen shots of the prob....screenshot you ask.....i cant let it go live yet

the first Pic I have clicked on the Cables in my menu cand under that comes USB   i need that more to the right or a different color

The 2nd Pic is Unclicked

If there is anything you guys could show me or help me out

Im not a programer im a engineer so keep it easy lol

Cheers Guys

Thanks for all your help

cbreault View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbreault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 1:21pm

Cool. Glad to help.

Christina

desquinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desquinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2006 at 1:17pm
thanks for the code and its doing the job :)

Des
cbreault View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbreault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2006 at 9:45am

Open the file inc_catsmenuA.asp and modifiy line 139 (line number may differ slightly) from this:

response.write "<a href=""javascript:UpDown('SUB" & IDCategory2 & "')"" class=""leftnav"">" & CATDesc2 & "</a></td></tr>" & vbcrlf

to this:

response.write "<a href=""viewCat_m.asp?idCategory=" & IDCategory2 & " ""onClick=""UpDown('SUB" & IDCategory2 & "')"" class=""leftnav"">" & CATDesc2 & "</a></td></tr>" & vbcrlf

desquinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desquinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2006 at 2:24pm

Hi,

can one of you share what you had to do to accomplish this. I will be doing some more research to see if I can work it out and will add it back here if I find it.

Des
cbreault View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbreault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2006 at 9:26am

Thank you for your kind attention John. I already figured out how to do it, and did it.

Christina Breault
Web Designer
www.certifiedsteaksandseafood.com

watercrazed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watercrazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 3:36am
I might have done something like what you are looking for if so it was not too hard.
Check my site (click on the catalog bar on the top left of the screen) and if that is what you are looking for I will check out what I did last year to get it to do that and let you know. It does not use the expanding menus but the display of the sub catagorys in the page, remove the need for it I believe.

Edited by watercrazed - 19-February-2006 at 3:38am
cbreault View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbreault Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2005 at 4:58pm

How can a make the expand/collapse dynamic menu of top categories (on the side bar) to link to a landing page, instead of just expanding/collapsing the menu? I would like my visitors to go to a landing (sub-home, if you will) page when they click on the top categories of the dynamic menu, instead of the javascript functionality only.

Thanks!!

Christina

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic